Worldwide Poverty Facts
- More than 3 Billion people live on less than $2.50 U.S. dollars a day.
- 1 Billion children are living in poverty.
- 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.
- There are 153 Million orphans.
- 805 Million people do not have enough food to eat.
- 750 Million people lack access to clean drinking water.
- Over 2 Billion people lack access to even a basic sanitation service.
- Preventable diseases like diarrhea kill 2 Million children annually.
- Over 1 Billion people have little to no access to electricity.
Sources: United Nations, UNICEF, World Health Organization.
Let us know if you would like to volunteer or contribute to our programs: